The YMCA of Kingston and Ulster County is a proud provider of the American Red Cross Health & Safety and Aquatic Training programs. Our courses are offered year round to all and include both full courses and/or re-certification/renewal courses. We are able to train both on and off-site… with flexibility to meet the needs of your organization!
Lifeguard Certification Classes
Lifeguard certification offers two options:
- Blended learning combines online learning with on-site skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency.
- In-house session is done on-site for both classroom & water skills. Classroom session is done via PowerPoint & video clips. No text book is required however you may purchase on line separately.
Participants will learn lifesaving, standard first aid, blood born pathogens protocol, and CPR/AED. Attendance of every class is required for the completion. Upon completion they will receive their certifications from the American Red Cross.
Mandated Requirements-No Exceptions-No Refunds for failed Swim Test
- Must be 15 years old by the completion of this course
- Must be able to swim 500 yards(11 laps-22 lengths) in a combination of 200 yd front crawl, 200 yd breast-stroke and 100 yd or either one.
- *Must attend all scheduled classes.
You can be PRE-TESTED to see if you meet requirements by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee: $390.00 NON-refundable
|3/26/23-5/21/23 ( All Sundays)- 3pm-6pm|
|4/11/23-6/06/23 ( All Tuesdays)- 6pm-9pm|
|4/27/23-6/15/23 ( All Thursdays)- 6pm-9pm|
|5/6/23, 5/7/23, 5/13/23,& 5/14/23-2pm-7:30pm|
Includes CPR recert. MUST attend all days (no exceptions)
fee: $185.00 (must bring mask or $10 fee)
|4/11/22, 4/12/22,4/14/22& 4/15/22-3:30pm-5pm|
|5/27/22-6/3/22 ( All Fridays) 3:30pm-6pm|
CPR/AED First Aid Adult & Pediatric
fee: $95.00(mask included)
CPR/AED First Aid Adult & Pediatric Recertification
One day training
Fee $75.00 (must bring mask or $10 additional fee)
Water Safety Instructor Certification
Age: 16 years old by course completion and complete swim test
email email@example.com for swim test specifics
**NO refunds for failure to pass swim test
**MUST attend all classes
fee: $475.00 for 12 weeks
Upcoming Sessions: 4/14/23 -4/29/23
Class Schedule :
Friday April 14 Evening 4 hours pool 6-10
Saturday April 15 Morning classroom 9-12:30
Saturday April 15 Afternoon Pool 12:30 -4
Friday April 21 Evening 2 hours classroom/ 2 pool 6-10
Saturday April 22 Morning classroom 9-1230
Saturday April 22 Afternoon Pool 12:30 -4
Friday April 28 Evening 4 pool 6-10
Saturday April 29 Morning classroom 9-11:30
Saturday April 29 Afternoon Pool 11:30-3
Lifeguard Management In-person Test
Designed for youths ages 11-16.
We make our babysitter’s training course fun! We’ll teach you how to be the best babysitter through engaging activities, videos and discussions. Our instructors will teach you how to:
- Supervise infants & children
- Find & interview for babysitting jobs
- Develop leadership skills & run a babysitting business
- Perform skills such as diapering & feeding
- Handle bedtime & discipline issues
- Identify safety hazards, prevent injuries, & learn basic first aid
- Communicate effectively with parents